Image Map

Sunday, October 4, 2015

I Sold My Soul to Walmart and Other Life Updates

If any of you actually enjoy reading my blog you can thank Melissa for me continuing to do so. She's taken to taking a screen shot and posting it on my timeline once a day until I do a new one. So here's that. I have a few different sections of life to update on so you get an actual post today. Once again, thank Melissa.

-Surgery-

Let's talk about the surgery for a moment shall we? I had an appointment with the psychologist to make sure that the medication I'm on won't cause issues with my new stomach. He googled the medication in front of me, so that was comforting. Then I had another appointment with my surgeon and the only thing left to do was blow into a bag so they can check to see if I have that stomach bacteria thingy still. I have an appointment on the 15th to hopefully schedule my surgery. He said that I should be getting my surgery by the end of October or the start of November. It's terrifying but so, so exciting.

-Work-

I also got an interview for the job that I really wanted, and then didn't get it. My interview was on the day I was supposed to go in for my Walmart orientation so I didn't go. I got a call three days ago from Walmart saying they know that the weather has been crappy lately and I didn't show up for orientation so they were wondering if I was still interested in the job because they have another orientation happening on the 9th. So I still have a job, it's in the garden center of Walmart so I'm not super duper excited about it, but it's a job and we need the extra money so I'm good with it. Kyle gets out of the military in May and there are a LOT of changes coming with that so getting as much debt as humanly possibly paid off before then is imperative. I'll be splitting my check between three different debts and putting money in savings so we don't have to scramble to get money together to fly the dogs back home once he's out. I'm pretty happy about having a job again, while I will miss my Netflix time with winter coming it's pretty important to get out my house or I'll spin back into depressed Becca again.

-Other stuff-

In other news I'm living with my friends Ashley and Zach for the next week or so. Kyle went home to visit his dad for a few weeks and my house is super boring by myself so I have taken over their spare bedroom. It's been a lot of fun and we all get along pretty well. We had a party a few days ago and the group we party with has a lot of guys that seem to think picking on me is fun and we end up getting into slap wars. While I have fun at the time I regret them 100% of the time after. It's like a drunk version of fight club where I wake up covered in bruises the next day. This last party left me with three new bruises, one of my arm from a karate chop, one on my wrist from where it was grabbed when we got into another Bingo dobber war (I ended up being green after so it's safe to say I lost) and one on my chest that I have no idea how I got. My days pretty much consist of playing with two dogs, a toddler, watching Disney movies, and hanging out with Ashley. Once I start working I'll be headed back to my apartment because it's much closer to work than her house is but until then I'm having a good time playing house with them.


Now that that's all out of the way the blog challenge for today is to name movies that I've never gotten sick of watching. Most of them are Disney movies because I'm basically a child with a drinking permit.

Tangled is one of my favorite Disney movies at the moment, I love how Eugene is one of the only realistic Disney "princes" and the music in it makes me happy. The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, and The Little Mermaid all make the list too. I also love Rent and Grease. Basically, if it's a musical I'll watch it all the time and never get sick of it. I'm only slightly ashamed to admit that I really dig Camp Rock 2 as well. The song Introducing Me is my jam. You can judge, it's okay.

That's about all for today, once I get my surgery I'll have more to write about because I'll be able to post updates more often and not just ramble about nothingness. I'll be able to announce the life changes going to happen in a few weeks too (I promise no babies if that's where your brain went) and I'll be able to speak on what the plans for the future are as well. I have a lot of things in the future coming up and it's going to make for an interesting next year to say the least. Anywhoozles.... End.


1 comment:

Stroke my ego baby!